The 2023 Kanga Cup Organising Committee (KCOC) are now seeking applications from Referees and Referee Coaches who would like to participate in the Referee Youth Academy for the 2023 Kanga Cup.
The Kanga Cup Referee Youth Academy (KCRYA) is an opportunity for selected interstate, overseas and local referees to receive intensive coaching and mentoring, with a focus on developing referees in a tournament environment in the 15 to 18 age group.
The KCRYA has the support of the Football Australia (FA) with the official curriculum using resources from the FA Level 3 and Level 4 course.
Match Officials who are selected to participate in the KCRYA will be involved in:
• A week-long in-house Academy experience with up to 50 other referees from Canberra, interstate, overseas, and similarly based referee coaches.
• Refereeing throughout the week in panel groups, including finals, reflective of their qualifications, experience, age and tournament performance.
• Nightly seminars (first four nights) including some run by current and former FIFA Referees.
• Feedback upon their refereeing, including their performance as a Referee and as an Assistant Referee via electronic coaching sheets and individual sessions with referee coaches.
• Referees (aged 15 to 18) who hold a Football Australia Level 4, Level 3 or Level 2 referee qualification (or international equivalent), plus a minimum of 1 years refereeing experience are eligible to apply for the KCRYA.
Referee Coaches can also apply to participate in the KCRYA, which serves as a development opportunity for experienced Referees who may be starting out on their journey as a Referee Coach.
Referee Coaches aged 18+ from across Australia or overseas who have a valid Football Australia Referee Assessor Level 3 or higher qualification (or overseas equivalent) can apply directly or be nominated (by their Member Federation or Referee Association) as a Referee Coach for the KCRYA.
To find out more about the KCRYA and submit your KCRYA application, go to https://kangacup.com/kc2020/referees/
Applications for the KCRYA close 5pm Monday 15 May.