AWD Football at Kanga Cup
The Athletes with a Disability (AWD) Division was introduced at the Kanga Cup in 2012 and will continue to be a welcome addition to the competition in 2017. The AWD division provides athletes with the opportunity to be a part of the unique and unrivaled week of football and fun in the Capital. The AWD division at the Kanga Cup is an opportunity to play teams from other states not at a representative level.
With the success of the division from 2012 onwards, event organisers are looking to increase the number of teams competing in the AWD division for 2017 and, are calling for expressions of interest from groups and local club teams in particular who would like to compete in the largest football tournament in the southern hemisphere.
- Classification: Athletes with a Disability
- Age Divisions: Open
- Match Length: 30 minute halves (60 minute game).
- Match Specifications: 7 v 7.
- Pitch Size: Length: 60m-70m x Width: 40m.
- Ball Size: 5
Matches and Entry
- Number of Games: Minimum of 1 and maximum of 2 matches per day.
- Cost: $500 per team (includes ground hire, referee fees, team kit bag, ball, souvenir for each player and entry to events).