It is with a heavy heart that Capital Football can announce, the decision has been made to cancel the 2021 Kanga Cup.
The decision to cancel the tournament, was made against the backdrop of territory and state government restrictions across the country, making it impossible to achieve the goal of bringing the wider football community together.
In cancelling, Capital Football considered the following:
- The current lockdowns influencing people’s willingness to travel
- The likelihood of current restrictions being extended and preventing teams from travelling interstate
- The uncertain nature of COVID-19 and the potential for new outbreaks to occur
- The additional burdens that operating in a ‘Return to Play’ scenario would bring, including personal hygiene, physical distancing, venue sanitising and limitations on gatherings (including crowds)
- Capital Football’s civic duty to do what is in the best interests of the broader community.
This cancellation by Capital Football, which was endorsed by the Capital Football Board activates the COVID-19 Cancellation Policy.
Please click here to apply for a refund.
While this is disappointing, we can now plan for a bigger and better 30th birthday celebration in 2022.
See you then.